Took my containers to the new store in our neighborhood:
Public Goods and Services: Sustainable Products and Bulk Refills
I immediately loved the clean design of the store. The store clerk was very knowledgeable and friendly. We explained all the different products and options and I bought:
- locally made toothpaste in a glass jar, refillable
- refilled by big body wash and shampoo pump container I drove around for almost a month on my quest to refill it
- got a sample of a plant based deodorant in a tiny glass jar
- got a mason jar full of dish soap on sale
- some beeswax
- and some free bamboo band aids
After some inspiring chitchat about beekeeping, my Wildplant class, plastic free shopping, I felt so accomplished and happy leaving the Public store.
Challenge of family of 4 living the WWMFD ('What would Michael Foster do?') way. Inspired by our friend, the Climate Warrior Michael, we are doing our part to reduce our carbon footprint at least 10 % each year by going plastic free, travel less, being a more mindful consumer.