and look what I found. A varroa mite in it's glory. Unfortunately I lost most of my testing sample and could not really count them.
Also, the bees are doing okay, but not as great as I was hoping. I took pictures of each frame but haven't uploaded them yet. They got really angry with me after frame 4 and also didn't seem to like the powdered bees I put back in the hive. They kicked out at least 2 of them. I am not sure if they kicked them out because they didn't clean themselves up or if they didn't like the smell. I thought it would be fantastic for them to be covered in sugar and to find a punch of sugar in their home.
Curious Bee. Forest Steward. Nature Nerd. Climate Activist Mom.